Gordons Landing in Grand Isle is situated on the western shore of South Hero Island on Lake Champlain and is about five miles east of Plattsburgh, New York. Gordons Landing serves as a terminal for ferry service across Lake Champlain to Cumberland Head in Plattsburgh Harbor.
The project consists of a 675-foot-long stone breakwater extending northwesterly from the shore. Originally designed for a length of 800 feet, its present length was considered sufficient for the protection of the public landing. The structure was completed in 1891.