US Army Corps of Engineers
New England District

Civil Works Menu

Redirecting...

Gulf Beach Shore and Bank Protection Project

Gulf Beach

Gulf Beach is located on the eastern shore of Milford Outer Harbor, locally known as "The Gulf," near the mouth of the Wepawaug River in Milford.

The beach erosion control project at Gulf Beach consisted of widening about 1,200 feet of beach to 100 feet by the direct placement of sand. This work cost $64,000 and was completed in May 1957.