Guilford Point is situated in the southeastern section of Guilford. The beach is located on the eastern side of Guilford Point, at the mouth of the East River.
The project was built in two phases. They included:
- The construction of a 300-foot-long groin at the east end of the beach in September 1957.
- The widening of approximately 400 feet of beach to 125 feet by the direct placement of sand in September 1959.
The total cost of the project was $46,900.