US Army Corps of Engineers
New England District

Civil Works Menu

Redirecting...

Winthrop Harbor Navigation Project

Winthrop Harbor

Winthrop Harbor in Winthrop, situated between Winthrop Head on the east and Logan Airport on the west, is about three miles north of Boston Harbor. The harbor is used principally by recreational craft and an inshore fishing fleet.

The project, completed in 1894, consists of a 0.7-mile-long channel, six feet deep and 50 feet wide, extending from Winthrop Light to the Federal Government Wharf, formerly Rice’s Wharf.