Criehaven Harbor in Matinicus Isle Plantation is located on the northwest side of Ragged Island. It is about two miles south of Matinicus Island, 15 miles south of Penobscot Bay, and 20 miles southeast of Rockland Harbor. Criehaven Harbor is used by local fishermen, who bring their catches to either Matinicus Island, Rockland Harbor, Port Clyde, or Tenants Harbor.
The project consists of a 300-foot-long stone breakwater extending northerly from Sunset Point. Works Progress Administration funds were used to build the structure, which was completed in 1935.