The harbor at Wilson Point is located in Norwalk. A small recreational fleet is based at facilities along the harbor.
The project, completed by the Corps in 1892, consists of a 0.7-mile-long, 15-foot-deep channel extending from Sheffield Island Harbor east of Bell Island to an area west of the wharves at Wilson Point. For 2,000 feet, beginning at Sheffield Island Harbor, the channel is 700 feet wide. For the next 750 feet, the channel width extends to 900 feet. The width of the channel then narrows to 200 feet, with the channel turning west of the former commercial wharves at Wilson Point for the final 1,000 feet.