Clinton Harbor is located at the mouth of the Hammonasset River in Clinton. The harbor is used chiefly for recreational boating.
The first work in Clinton Harbor was completed in 1893 and consisted of maintenance of a stone dike between Cedar Island and the mainland to form a protected inner harbor. The most recent work, completed in 1950, consisted of:
A 1.1-mile-long channel, eight feet deep and 100 feet wide, extending from Long Island Sound to the wharves in Clinton;
An anchorage area eight feet deep in the wharf area; and
- Maintenance of the Cedar Island Dike.