. – Construction activities continue on Phase 1 of the $30.9 million Muddy River Flood Risk Management and Environmental Restoration project in Boston, Massachusetts. On Sunday, May 15, temporary night-time work will begin on the roadways in the immediate area of the project. The work will be the milling and final pavement course installation of the roadways in the project area. In order to not impact vehicular traffic flow during the day, this temporary night-time work is necessary.
Details concerning this night-time work are as follows:
- Night work to start May 15
- Hours will be from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am
- Police detail will be provided for the duration of night time work
- Milling – begins May 15 for 2-3 night shift operation
- Paving – begins May 31 for 3-4 night shift operation
- Paving schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions
These activities are necessary for the final completion of this project. We will do all we can to minimize impacts to the public during these activities.
For Muddy River project construction updates visit the website at:
If you have questions contact Project Manager Jennifer Flanagan at MuddyRiver@usace.army.mil
or call 978-318-8015.
# # #
Release no. 16-040