Uxbridge/Northbridge, Mass. – West Hill Dam is implementing phased reopening of recreation areas access in accordance with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers policies and procedures, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) and CDC. The following COVID-19 measures will be implemented at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers West Hill Dam in Uxbridge, Massachusetts.
Effective June 1, 2020:
- Dam Site Parking Lots and trails will be open to the public. One portable restroom for public use, will be available on site.
- Other recreation facilities, picnic area, beaches, playgrounds, and trash receptacles, will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- The West Hill Dam Office will remain closed to the public until further notice. Access is limited to mission essential employees, shipping companies, contractors and essential service personnel.
- All USACE sponsored events, on-site interpretive programming and volunteer activities are cancelled until further notice.
- No new Special event or activity permits will be issued until further notice; those permits that have already been issued will be considered for revocation based upon latest Public Health guidelines.
These measures are necessary to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), ensure and protect the health and well-being of our visitors, employees, contractors and volunteers, and safeguard our ability to continue our critical Flood Risk Management Operations.
The health of our team and the community is our top priority. We urge all visitors follow the CDC’s guidelines and remain diligent regarding hygiene and social distancing. CDC guidelines and more information can be found at www.conoravirus.gov.
Release no. 20-045