The District Engineer has received five permit applications to conduct work in waters of the United States from
Theodore Lambrecht, Andy Roberts, Charles Connors, Matthew Herr, and Gordon Fraser of Nantucket,
Massachusetts. The work is proposed at the Town of Nantucket’s Aquaculture zone located at the Head of the
Harbor, Nantucket, Massachusetts. The site coordinates are: Latitude 41˚19’53”, Longitude 70˚0’58”.
The Corps previously issued permits for 4-acres of floating aquaculture to all five of these individuals over the
last 3-years within the Town of Nantucket’s 30-acre aquaculture zone. The Town is now expanding the
aquaculture zone from 30-acres to 60-acres and these individuals would be granted an additional 4-acres, for a
total of 8-acres apiece. Each individual would be issued a new Corps permit. The previously issued permits are
- NAE-2011-1324 Theodore Lambrecht – 4 acres; issued October 25, 2011.
- NAE-2011-1344 Andy Roberts – 4 acres; issued June 18, 2012.
- NAE-2012-2066 Charles Connors – 4 acres; issued April 2, 2013.
- NAE-2013-201 Matthew Herr – 4 acres; issued May 10, 2013.
- NAE-2013-754 Gordon Fraser – 4 acres; issued August 7, 2013.
Public Comment Period