USACE Suspends use of Nationwide Permits in New England
- 3/21/2017: The Army Corps of Engineers suspended the use of Nationwide Permits in the six New England States 13 March 2017. Instead, the New England District will continue using the state-specific general permits which have been in place for over 25 years. These permits authorize applicants to work in
- 3/14/2017: The Town of Phillips, ME has submitted an application to conduct work in the Sandy River off Bridge Street. The work involves the placement of permanent and temporary fill in conjunction with the replacement of a metal pipe and a precast open bottom box culvert.
Expiration date: 4/12/2017
- 3/14/2017: This is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Fish and Game, In-Lieu Fee Program, 2016 Annual Report. The program serves as an alternative form of compensation for impacts to aquatic resources in Massachusetts authorized by the New England District Army Corps of Engineers.
Expiration date: 4/13/2017
Rhode Island General Permits
- 3/7/2017: The New England District announces issuance of the statewide Rhode Island General Permits, pursuant to 33 CFR Part 325.5(c)(1) for minimal impact projects. This General Permits replaces the prior statewide permits, which expired on February 22, 2017.
- 3/7/2017: Tyler Deaton has submitted an application to conduct work in Boston Harbor at 140 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA. The project includes fill, work, and structures below the high tide line in order to develop Pier 4 into a multi-use waterfront site for residential, retail, restaurant, and public open
Expiration date: 4/7/2017
- 2/28/2017: Neptune LNG, LLC has submitted an application to work in the Atlantic Ocean three miles off the coast of Marblehead, MA. The work proposal involves the decommissioning of the Neptune Deepwater Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) Port. The site coordinates are North Buoy: Latitude 42.487, Longitude 70.610, and
Expiration date: 3/29/2017
- 2/28/2017: The New England District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers hereby clarifies the federal jurisdictional boundary language and adds a general condition to the proposed statewide New Hampshire General Permit (GP) renewal, pursuant to 33 CFR Part 325.5(c) (1).
Expiration date: 3/28/2017
- 2/21/2017: Plymouth County Mosquito Control District submitted an application to conduct work in saltmarshes in various towns in Southeastern Massachusetts. The work involves the reauthorization and implementation of Open Marsh Water Management in order to abate mosquito populations, reduce the need for
Expiration date: 3/23/2017
Proposed Nationwide Permit Suspension in New England
- 2/13/2017: 15-Day Public Notice: USACE is reissuing Nationwide Permits authorizing work in streams, wetlands and other waters of the US under Sec. 404 of the Clean Water Act and Sec. 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899. While nationally the Corps is reissuing these NWPs, the New England District proposes
Expiration date: 3/1/2017
- 2/7/2017: Saint Albans Bay Marina has submitted a permit application to conduct work in Lake Champlain to place and maintain a new commercial and recreational docking facility located in St. Albans, Vermont 05481
Expiration date: 3/8/2017